Buying a Renault Koleos Personal Lease is a huge but important investment for everyone. Especially for a common man, the joy is unmatchable. In all the happiness and enthusiasm, you should remember that you have to buy car insurance to run your vehicle legally on Indian roads. As per law, every car owner must have at least third-party liability insurance.
However, it is better to go for a comprehensive plan so that if there is damage to your car during the accident, you do not end up paying for the repairs. You should also make sure you have the necessary add-on included in the car insurance policy. One of the most common add-ons which you should consider is the engine protection cover. Let’s discuss its features and benefits.
What is engine protection cover in car insurance?
As you can guess by its name, this is an add-on that provides cover for the repairs or replacement for the engine or its parts. The engine is the heart of your vehicle. If there is something wrong with it, the whole vehicle will either not work properly, or it will cease to function. Some of the most important parts of your car, such as crankshaft, piston, gearbox, cylinder, etc. are not covered in your basic or Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy. Hence it is important to get the engine protection cover as an add-on.
What’s included in the engine protection insurance cover?
- Engine protection cover add-on in your
Renault Koleos Used Cars insurance policy will provide financial assistance if your car engine is damaged because of the following scenarios:
- If the damage is because of a malfunctioning gearbox
- If the damage is because of leakage of lubrication oil
- If the damage is because of water
Even with the engine protection cover add-on, the insurance company may deny the claim in the following scenarios:
- If you try to force start the car while there is water in the engine. Please note that the design of the engine does not allow water to enter if it is not functioning. When you repeatedly try to start the engine forcefully, there are chances that water will find space to enter the engine. In such cases, there will be severe damage to the engine, which will result in the rejection of the claim.
- If the bonnet of your car is damaged, but you still decide to drive the vehicle, the insurance company will deny the claim. The issue here is that there are chances that the lubricating oil may enter the engine, which can cause severe damage to the mechanism of the engine. As this type of damage is caused because of your negligence, the insurance company will not pay you for the repairs or replacements.
- If you try to claim engine damage cover for the second time, the insurance company will not oblige the request. This add-on is available for one use only. Also, you cannot buy this add-on if your car is older than five years.
Who should purchase engine protection cover?
Though it is an important add-on and every car owner should get it, but if you qualify for any of the following scenarios, you must buy it without fail:
- If you live in a flood-prone area or you work close to water bodies
- If you live in an area where monsoons are harsh, and the streets often face waterlogging
- If you own a luxury or expensive car
- If you travel a lot in flood-prone areas or where waterlogging is common on streets
Repairing a standard car engine may put a dent of almost 1/4th the cost of your car on your pocket. Paying the complete amount from your budget is never going to be easy. This add-on is not expensive at all, but it provides comprehensive cover for the damage to the engine. Thus, if you own a car that is not more than five years old, you should opt for engine protection cover.a